IDE for SWAN?

Is there a way to use a better IDE when interacting with SWAN? I often use VSC with an SSH to lxplus to edit files, which works quite well, but for SWAN it’s not the best currently as one would have to edit files on lxplus in SSH, then return to the webpage to run the files, but this of course changes the file and I frequently get sync issues between files… Any suggestions on how to do this if someone has set it up? I guess ideal would be a way to run the notebooks from vsc also.

Cheers

Dear Lukas,

At the moment, SWAN does not offer any integrations with IDEs such as vscode. However, you can try the new JupyterLab interface that was made available with the AlmaLinux9 SWAN image that was deployed recently.

Best,
Pedro

Dear Lukas,

Offering VSCode on the web as a complement to SWAN’s notebook interface is something we have discussed internally in the team. I understand that having such an IDE in SWAN with access to your CERNBox files would improve your workflow? Do you often edit e.g. Python modules that later you use from a notebook to do some exploratory work?

Best,

Enric