Using rucio and grid on SWAN

Dear experts,

I would like to develop on SWAN a notebook which uses rucio API client, so I should do several settings and I don’t know how.
If working on lxplus I would

• setupATLAS
  • lsetup rucio
  • voms-proxy-init -voms atlas -valid=96:00

Then I can edit my python script and importing all I need. I would prefer doing it on notebook since it allows me to be faster with some checks. Do you think it’s possible?

Thanks for the attention.

Best regards,
Francesco

Dear Francesco,

Do you know what needs to be installed (and is installed on lxplus) for you to do the setupATLAS and lsetup rucio steps? The voms-proxy-init command should be already doable now (you can give it a try).

Perhaps some other ATLAS colleague managed to do this before?

We developed together with some ATLAS colleagues a Rucio extension for SWAN, but it’s not yet available. I’ll check with them about this.

I got this from an ATLAS colleague:

• The user can just do pip install --user rucio-clients and when instantiating do:
from rucio.client import Client
c = Client(rucio_host='https://rucio-lb-prod.cern.ch:443', auth_host='https://rucio-auth-prod.cern.ch:443')
res = c.whoami()
res = c.list_dids(...
res = c.list_replicas(...`

Dear Enric,

thanks for the prompt reply! setupATLAS is only an alias which execute an initial script which set a configuration for ATLAS users, but it could be avoided if I could manage to setup grid and rucio.

• For this voms-proxy-init -voms atlas -valid=96:00 I got an error, “No credentials found”, I think that I should pass the grid keys?
  • I installed rucio, but has some problems, also for a simple ping test I got “RuntimeError: Could not load Rucio configuration file. Rucio looked in the following paths for a configuration file, in order:
    /opt/rucio/etc/rucio.cfg”

Cheers,
Francesco

• For this voms-proxy-init -voms atlas -valid=96:00 I got an error, “No credentials found”, I think that I should pass the grid keys?

I think you need to have your main grid certificate placed somewhere in SWAN (e.g. in your CERNBox) to be able to generate the proxy, right?

I installed rucio, but has some problems, also for a simple ping test I got “RuntimeError: Could not load Rucio configuration file. Rucio looked in the following paths for a configuration file, in order:
/opt/rucio/etc/rucio.cfg”

Is that configuration file somewhere on lxplus? Can you take it from there and make it available in SWAN (e.g. put it on your CERNBox, and point Rucio to it?).